To ensure a safe environment and provide an atmosphere conducive to optimum learning, Hal Smith students will:
- Accept responsibility for their behavior
- Show respect for and follow the directions of all staff members
- Keep all nuisance items at home such as: toys, candy, gum, harmful instruments, etc.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to self
- Show respect for school property and the property of others
- Walk quietly in the halls
- Keep the school grounds free of litter
- Eat food only in the lunchroom
Student Discipline Procedures – Students are expected to respect the rights and property of others at all times. In order to ensure that all students are able to learn in a safe and positive environment, classroom and school rules will be established and reviewed frequently with students. All students are responsible for being aware of and following these rules:
If a student chooses to break a rule, or cause a disturbance to the learning environment, the following procedures will be applied:
1. Student will receive a classroom incident report to be signed by the parent.
2. Parent will receive a phone call from the teacher. Student will receive a classroom incident report to be signed by the parent.
3. An office referral will be made. An administrator will conference with the student.
4. When a second office referral is made, an administrator will call the parent and lunch detention will be given.
5. When a third office referral is made, an administrator will request a parent conference and lunch detention will be given.
6. When a fourth office referral is made, student will be sent home until a Required Parent Conference (RPC) is held.
7. When a severe behavior occurs, student will be sent home on an immediate RPC.